Monday, April 13, 2009

A moment of bliss...

Last night as Geoff and I lay in bed after putting the kids to bed we were just chatting with each other when we heard singing. We stopped to listen and what I heard did my heart well. I smile just thinking about it.

We heard Wesley singing the words to the hymn, "Called to Serve Him" while he lay in bed with the lights out. It was as though he were putting himself to sleep singing sweet lullaby's. After a verse of that hymn he moved on to, "Ye Elders of Israel". After that, "I Am A Child of God" and a few other Primary songs.

It didn't even matter that his voice was cracking under the strains of puberty or that he didn't know some of the words to one of the hymns or that he was way off tune. What mattered was that he was singing them. Softly. To the best of his ability and it was good. Powerful, even.

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

What a wonderful boy! Parents live for sweet little moments like those.

Kate said...

OHHHH! that is so awesome. I love that kid.

brady lady said...

that fills my heart with warmth, whatt a sweet boy you have...

i don't even know all the words to some of those songs, sad i know.

Brenda said...

I am thrilled that my true blue through and through, happy smilin' Wesley is SINGING! How awesome! But it's even gets better because of the great songs he is choosing to sing. Man, I like the kid!