Friday, April 3, 2009

I was kidnapped!


These are some of my goofy friends. Hey- the goofier the better, I say.
On my birthday (yeah- way back in Feb) they kidnapped me. Here's the story:
Geoff made a plan with me the night before. "Hey dear, let's go bowling tomorrow" he said.
I just looked at him with one eyebrow raised trying to think of the most sarcastic thing to say but only came up with, "are you feeling ok?" It was a Saturday and he NEVER instigates fun on Saturdays; it's for work and catch-up. I can't remember the last time he wanted to go do something fun on a Saturday other than when we're out of town and that does happen frequently. My sarcasm didn't work. He only dug in deeper, "yeah, let's go bowling. We'll take the kids too so don't plan anything for tomorrow around noonish".
Wow! A little reluctant but excited I agreed not to plan anything. I began worrying that his work load had really begun to get at him. I began to worry about his stress level. I just thought something was really "off" with him.


So the next day around noonish I was up lying on my bed waiting for Geoff to finish getting ready for the day when all of a sudden I hear people burst through my front door. I hear, "get down on your knees, this is a hold-up. Everybody down!"
I'm thinking what in the world when all of a sudden these crazy women with nylons on their heads are in my bedroom! They even held guns. It was my crazy friends coming to kidnap me.

I heard later from Ashlyn that Caleb was downstairs when they entered the house unannounced and he was so scared he was trembling!
They took me to lunch, a movie and shopping and we had a blast!
Here are the kidnappers in order from left to right:
Susan Cook, me, my sister Jodi, Paula White, Stacey Noel and Katie Clarke. Melissa Masitis met us later.
Thanks girls! I love you, too!


See, I knew something was wrong with him! He was in on the whole thing trying to make me stay home so my friends could make their plans a success.
A note to Geoff: If you're trying to surprise me you must act NORMAL. Things that you do and say out of the ordinary put up a red flag.
Way to go, dear. Thanks for helping my friends make my day so fun!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melissa M. said...

I'm glad I had to meet up later, that sounded scary!
Happy Birthday Lezlie!

Jodi said...

I am so sad I missed this! I am good with a gun...not so hot in a hose mask though! Happy Birthday, again!

Kate said...

I am going to have to think up something REALLY crazy next year! That will be a little more difficult from a distance... but... just maybe I can have someone stand in proxy for me! (evil laugh..heehehheee!) I love you girl! Thanks for not blowing your hubby's idea to the wind!

brady lady said...

happy happy late birthday, i too celebrate feb as my birthday month, we have more in common than i thought, my first name is your last name, we both have b-day's in feb, how great is that! i seriously miss your sweet smile on sunday!