Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happiness

mmmmm- One of my favorite things is Dove Desserts Collection, silky smooth chocolate promises. You know- the little candy pieces that have a heart-warming message on the wrapper. Well, I was eating one today, ok-- 5, 6, maybe 7- shut up! (that's a swear word in my house, by the way)

Who would know such a nice message would be inside???

"Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances"

I'm thinking of my family and friends. The circumstances we find ourselves in. I've been helping one of my friends pack up her house so she can move- not because she wants to. One of my other friends' husband is without a job and has been for about 6 months and lost their house, another friend will be moving out of state for work because that's where they could find a job, not because she wants to. One of my friends down the road just had a baby, got deathly sick and had a hysterectomy. One of my friends recently got divorced. I'm thinking of family members who have had feelings hurt by other family members. I'm thinking of family members who's lives have been completely changed by decisions of a loved one.

I'm thinking of all these circumstances that are, for the most part, out of our control, which have brought on so much sadness.

Is it really possible to look beyond our circumstances and be happy? Is it?

I believe so. It's just such a huge challenge! Some days I really wonder!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow...this is just what I have been feeling in a very big way...IS IT? Sometimes I think it is possible and then sometimes...I just WISH that that it were!

brady lady said...

i couldn't agree with you more.

yes happiness is in the heart, but sometimes those circumstances put a block on that happiness and it's hard to overcome those feelings of depression and sadness.

but it is possible, if you understand and realize that the only thing on this earth that is truly important is your family, everything else is just "stuff".

Jodi said...

This is why I love you so much - you put into words how I feel and make me see how to feel better! It has been a sad few weeks...months..., but you are right, knowing that their is a bigger picture truly sheds the light of happiness, especially knowing we have a Savior to help through those sad times. I love ya, Lady!