Friday, January 9, 2009

Gotta go back in time.....

To December 14th. (OK! to be honest, it was Dec. 12th, the party that is, not his birthday. Just wanted to put out that honesty because Melissa will check the dates on my pictures and see that, in fact, it was NOT the 14th but the 12th)

This was the day of Tyler's 9th birthday. Here are a few high/lowlights.

We had a big balloon fight.....

Some male bonding time......
A game of wrap the mummy....

a fun toilet paper fight...

and, of course, presents!

We also had a special birthday dinner with nonny and poppy. Growing up, every year for our birthday my mom fixed our favorite meal and we got the red "You Are Special Today" plate. It is a tradition I love. A couple of years ago for Christmas my mom gave me "THE" plate so now I can carry on tradition!


ok- correction. Jodi made a comment making sure I knew that I didn't get THE plate. My mom got us all A plate that looks exactly like hers, my mom's that is. Didn't mean to make it sound like I got the actual plate.

correction for Jodi- I AM THAT SPECIAL AND DON'T FORGET IT!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

No Lou she didn't give you THE plate, she gave all of us A plate. You're special but not that special ;)

Melissa M. said...

Better to go back in time than to go into the future, as I always say.