Friday, March 13, 2009

Full of it!

I'm full of thoughts today.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs to stalk (she's a writer with all sorts of interesting things to read about) and read this. It's blog gossip because I'm telling you something about what she said about something she read.

But I loved it!

Ernest Hemingway:
"Sometimes when I was starting a new story and could not get it going, I would sit in front of the fire and squeeze the peel of the little oranges into the edge of the flame and watch the sputter of blue that they made. I would stand and look out over the roofs of Paris and think, “Do not worry. You have always written before and you will write now. All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”-Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

The truest sentence that I know:
Today my sky is blue.

What's yours?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It's such a great quote. I like your true sentence. Thanks for stopping by my blog.