Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My sweet Tyler

This is my son, Tyler. He is almost 9 years old- will be December 14th. Woohoo! I decided to write about Tyler although it's not his birthday yet. Tyler is the 3rd child born, 2nd son, second to the last kid. He is fun loving. What I love the most about Tyler is his sensitivity. I'm telling you I've never met a kid more sensitive.

A couple of years ago Tyler had 2 grandmas and 1 grandpa pass away all in the same year and it really affected him. He cried alot. Even months later he cried alot. After tucking him into bed I would hear him crying. I would ask him what was wrong and he would say he misses his grandparents. Or he would come into my room after I sent him to bed just crying because he missed them. Even now it's still a sore subject for him.

Last month, November 9th to be exact was my dad's birthday. We had a great time with a very small celebration of dinner with the family. That night after we all went to bed Ashlyn came into my room a bit annoyed and said, "Tyler is crying again". I told Ash to tell Tyler to come see me. I asked him why he was crying and he told me that he didn't want nonny and poppy to die. I guess he was associating poppy having a birthday, getting older and old people die. He was extremely upset.

I don't know if it was the right answer but the two of us talked about how important it is to focus on the good stuff. All the good memories we make having nonny and poppy so close. We're so thankful we live next to them and can have them be such a big part of our lives. We're not with them everyday and sometimes many days go by before we see them but they are about 7 houses down the street from us and we love it. It's our choice to be so close and it's the grandparents choice to be so involved in our lives. We are making lasting memories and love it!

He's my sweet Tyler and I love him!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jodi said...

He's my Pete and I love him