Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh so yummy!

I found a new recipe and thought I'd better share it! I've never had dumplings before so this was fun to do something new. It was a bonus that it was delicious! It's so easy too, guys.

It's called Blueberry Dumplings and I found the recipe on FoodNetwork.com. It's one of Laura Deen's recipes.

First combine 4 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen) to 2 cups water and 1 and 1/2 cups sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.

While you are waiting for the blueberries to boil, sift 1 cup flour with 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of salt. Cut in 1/2 cup of butter and mix with a fork or pastry cutter. Add 1/4 cup milk and mix well.

After the blueberries boil turn the heat to low and drop the dumpling mixture by the spoonful into the blueberries. DO NOT STIR. Shake the saucepan a touch to get the dumplings to sink. Cover with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes on low. Do not remove the lid until after 20 minutes.

Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of cream. Love those dollops!

I was thinking that I might try some cut up fresh peaches instead of blueberries and put some cinnamon in the dumplings. Yum! I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments: