Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ahhhhhh, the kids are back in school




What a great day it is when summer is over and it's time for the kids to go back to school! Yes, I'm one of those moms who celebrate the day. Oh, I read many blogging posts from my friends about how emotional the day is (especially if you have a kindergartner). It is an emotional day for me too. EXTREME HAPPINESS! IT'S PARTY TIME FOR MOM!
We had a meet the teacher night a few nights before school started. When I went to meet Caleb's teacher, my youngest son, she handed me a packet of information and included in it was an interesting little ziplock bag. After closer examination I couldn't believe what I was seeing! The contents included a tissue, a bag of soothing tea and a cute little poem something about...... there will be tears when your child starts 1st grade so use the tissue...... and use this soothing tea to comfort yourself........ I immediately handed the bag back to the teacher and asked if I could have the party bag instead. I'm not sure she appreciated that all too much.

6 comments:

Wild Wilsons said...

I love the cabin. It is beautiful. I hope Caleb had a great birthday. I share your joy in the first day of school. It was good times for all.
Natalie

Stacey said...

Look at you! I love it. I can't believe how pretty the cabin is, when the toilets work I want to go! And I love your background, you have good taste my dear!

Melissa M. said...

I can see school as being fun when all of the kids go at once. For me now, I am losing my best helper with Sam gone.
I like your new background and family photo, looks great!

Amy said...

OK...I just found your blog through Melissa's. Your cabin looks fantastic. We're going to be in Alpine over Labor Day...not sure if you guys will be around, but we'll stop by your place to take a look (I'm thinking Jim knows where it is!).

Leilani said...

I'm with you - so glad school is back in - 3 hours without Emily and Blake beating each other up! Fun pictures from San Elijo

RocketBox Boy said...

I love the first day of school too! I always love that they are a bit excited for the first day too. I love the cabin it looks so beautiful. I hope to see it someday. You had one super busy summer and it is always nice to get back to the normal routine.